Details Are Part of Our Difference
Embracing the Evidence at Anheuser-Busch – Mid 1980s
529 Best Practices
David Booth on How to Choose an Advisor
The One Minute Audio Clip You Need to Hear
Tag: John Jennings
The Latest TLV Episode
John Jennings is someone you want to know. He is fascinating, and not in a weird way, in a lovely Dr. Seuss style. He deserves to be famous, though he doesn’t care about fame, and is worthy of it and your attention.
He writes something called the IFOD – Interesting Fact of the Day (we’ve shared them with you here in this newsletter). His daily thoughts often tickle the brain into an active state. They are meaningful, relevant, poignant, and thoughtful.
Does IFOD pay the bills? We think not. So what does Jennings do for work? Uh, he’s a big deal. John is President and Chief Strategist of The St. Louis Trust Company, a leading multi-family office. This means he helps the ultra-affluent. Unlike most in wealth management, John deserves a lot of respect.
And if that’s not enough, John is an adjunct faculty member at Washington University’s Olin School of Business where he teaches in the Wealth and Asset Management masters program. John is also a Forbes contributor, a lawyer by training, a hardcore vegan and a loving husband and dad.
Enjoy this wide-ranging conversation covering: Lawyers who aren’t lawyers, John’s IFOD, committing to a plant-based/Vegan diet and how it connects to solving John’s fight with OCD, investment thinking and what the ultra-rich struggle with, Coronavirus and what napping has to do with success.
How Will You Measure Your Life?
Our friend and future podcast guest, John Jennings, wrote a thoughtful piece in his IFOD blog that captured our team’s full attention. His post on Clayton Christensen, who recently passed away from leukemia, was enough to have some of us circling back to reread Christensen’s book How Will You Measure Your Life? A long time professor at the Harvard Business School, Christensen challenged his students to find answers to three questions:
- First, how can I be sure that I’ll be happy in my career?
- Second, how can I be sure that my relationships with my spouse and my family become an enduring source of happiness?
- Click to read the rest of the story…
Sometimes we run out of time and space to highlight everything we’ve loved reading in the last month. Based on the talk in the office, the following items deserve your attention, even if they didn’t get their own dedicated post.
- The Randomness of Global Equity Returns – We love this piece by Dimensional and you will too.
- Meet the Money Whisperer to the NBA Elite – We enjoyed this NYT profile.
- 6 St. Louis Dads Highlighted in St. Louis Magazine and you’ll know one of them.
- Our friend John Jennings nails it with this interesting fact of the day.
- Podcast Love from St. Louis Magazine